Plover 'the Boat' & her crew
The Motor Vessel PLOVER was built during the Second World War by General Motors Holden's (sic) at Fishermens Bend in 1942 as a harbour patrol boat for the Royal Australian Army. She has had many lives since, but in her current role she has to be the best thing to happen to raise the standard of fishing charters in many years.
Plover's layout has been purposely re-designed to be absolutely perfect for a days fishing or cruising on Port Phillip Bay with an unrivalled level of shelter and comfort.
Plover will change your expectations of what a charter boat should be!
Our competition has not begun trading yet.
- She is safe stable, sheltered and roomy and we promise not to overload.
- We have three large areas aboard where you can safely cast your line!
- We have more seating per person than any other charter boat.
- We have the best electronics: including a new 2012 "state of the art" Hummingbird Fish Finder, Radar, 2 x GPS plotter systems, constant internet access, a Sony radio and a CD player.
- We only serve food that is healthy and of the highest quality from our excellent BBQ.
- Tea, coffee and cordial are all quality brand products.
- Our fishing gear is the best the industry can provide and we have both light and heavy fishing gear on-board at all times to allow us to fish multiple zones and to increase your chances of taking home fish as we are prepared to go further if the fish are on the bite elsewhere.
- We have a deep freeze to carry a greater variety of bait.
- We have a full sized electric flushing ceramic toilet for everyone's comfort.
- Plover’s owners and crew genuinely enjoy and are proud of what they do!
Bay Fish N Trips' owners, Stuart and Sandra, love to be on the water.
They have spent many years exploring and fishing Port Phillip Bay catching Snapper, Flathead, Squid, Whiting, Leather Jacket, Shark, Stingray, just to name a few.
They also have spent years cruising all the way up the east coast ofAustralia catching Tuna, Coral Trout, Cod, Mackerel, Black King fish and more. They even had a 12 month stint sailing together out in the South Pacific catching feisty Mahi, Black Cobia, Queenies, & Yellow Finned Tuna. Their knowledge of Port Phillip's history, flora and fauna is second to none and they intend to run a friendly ship with a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
Our crew have been chosen for their genuine people skills, affability and unique fishing knowledge of the “hotspots” onPort Phillip Bay.
Our crew will help you to have a great day as well as teach you how to become a competent angler from start to finish if you have chosen to fish. We want you to have the most memorable day!
A classic boat combined with comfort, versatility, adaptation and technology.
A new concept for fishing, or cruising at an affordable price, on Port Phillip Bay from the Mornington Peninsula.